They landed in a train.

" I'm dressed like a dandy," Christel said, twisting and turning to look at his clothes. " Why am I a dandy while you get to be in police clothes? Doesn't the system choose this stuff?"

" It's 10,000 standard credits to unlock the add-on that lets us manually choose our clothes," Allen informed him.

They got off the train. They were the only ones to do so, and for good reason. There was barely a town- it was just a strip of small, tall buildings, huddled together along a dirt road.

It took a good fifteen minutes of walking to get across to it.

Sitting outside a bar, an older man leered at them.

" And what have y'all come round these parts for?" he asked gruffly.

" Mentioning the entomologist is prohibited, and will result in a fifteen minute world rollback," the smooth voice that Allen associated with credit notifications informed him.

So it would cause timeline alterations?

" Federal business," Allen told him.

The man looked suspicious, still, and hocked a wad of spit on the ground.

" We don't do federal business out here," he said. " We do the sheriff's business. And I won't have you stomping around here without his word."

" Then I'll have it," Allen replied shortly.

Return......Next