" And now welcoming... Sturam's current Lyena, Nova, to the show, along with Sector 40's very own Social Services Director- Redlin." The show's host, a middle-aged Starka woman, waited politely as they came on stage and sat down. " The current president of Noahl's expatriate goodwill agency, Ilevesh, will be joining us shortly."

Nova did not like appearing publicly. He especially didn't like being on live broadcasts. He always felt horribly uncomfortable. The heavy, stiff fabric of the formal wear did not help. Redlin had, much to his surprise, a much more calm and practiced air about him. He wasn't carelessly slouching back in his chair, but didn't appear nervous, either. Nova reasoned that he had grown used to public appearances due to his role in the government.

Another middle-aged Starka came out to the stage, evidently Ilevesh. He greeted the cameras, and then them, seating himself across from them. He was tall, reserved, and tan.

" So, Lyena, how has your stay on Noahl been so far?" he asked, genial.

" Brother has been very hospitable," Nova responded. " The city, as well, is beautiful. I have found my stay here relaxing."

" That's good to hear," Ilevesh said, dipping his head. " And you, Redlin? How has it been to see your brother after all this time?"

" It's been very enlightening," Redlin answered gracefully. " Lyena is much different from how I remembered him, and how he was portrayed in state media during the war. I have high hopes in regards to his ambassadorship and eventual ascension to the throne."

" You flatter me," Nova said. He could not especially recall a time he had been kind. He had mostly been... emotionally incapacitated.

The discussion turned back to their host.

" In preparation for the Lyena's arrival, we surveyed both immigrant and native citizens of Noahl about their opinions, interests, and questions regarding contemporary politics surrounding the Imperial Sturam. Our moderation board has drawn up a finalized list of pertinent discussion points we'd like to see addressed publicly today," she said.

This was the exact kind of thing he didn't want to do. But he was already there, and he could not leave, so he internally cursed Redlin for not describing this situation to him more thoroughly.

William would also probably be less than pleased that he hadn't been given time to prepare for it, either. Anything Nova said would reflect not only on the empire, but on the 13th Fleet for hosting him.

" I don't mind clarifying my stances if they're of concern," he said.

Return......Next