In simple terms, in the artificial salt lakes of Hesperia, many organisms from other planets' oceans were kept. The felted eel was not felt or an eel, originating from the planet Poseidon in Sector 29. It had white flesh, and grey skin that when dried was texturally similar to felt. There were many different ways to eat it.

Today, Prima had it in two takeaway boxes; one the grilled fish wrapped in pararl leaves, the other the deep fried roe with dipping sauce, salad to the side.

If there was one thing he had learned over the past few months, it was that no matter the food, no matter the planet, everything tasted good fried.

Thankfully, Noctis was not as picky with food as she was with her testing.

When he came back in with it, she looked a little less stressed.

" You took too long," she half-complained. " The Commodore General's already been and left."

" What did he have to say?" Prima asked, setting the boxes before them. He set the drink carrier on the table as well, taking his.

" Just that it was looking promising," she responded, opening her food. " We're moving into the next phase of genome sequencing."

" That's good," Prima said, even though he only had a rough idea of what that meant.

" Don't just blindly agree with me when you don't understand what I'm talking about," she said. There was no edge to it.

Return......Next