Prima knocked on the door, and then walked in without waiting for Noctis's reply. It was late in the day, and she was almost certainly done with her work; the girl loved sticking to a schedule.

" Noctissss," he called to her.

She was sitting at their rest table, nothing in front of her.

" You're late," she said.

" I didn't say I was coming by today?" he questioned, feeling awkward already.

" It doesn't matter whether or not you say it," she said. " You like to meddle with people."

" Is that a bad thing?"

" ...It's annoying."

" Is something wrong?" he asked her, noting her expression. He set the takeout tray down on the table, and then sat down next to her, leaning into her field of view. " Noctis?"

" What makes you ask?" she said in turn.

" You look a little down? You're sitting here alone not doing anything?" he offered.

" I'm done with work," she said flatly. " There's nothing else for me to do."

He swallowed, throat dry. Was this weird? He couldn't tell. He couldn't tell what would be right for this situation. She seemed depressed, in a way different from her usual flat affect, and he wasn't sure why or how to respond to it.

" You could go out with me," he said. " To dance."

She was silent.

" Prima," she said. " You're stupid."

Return......Next