...He couldn't help but feel like Nova had been looking at him strangely for the past few days.

He tracked him down a bit after dinner; Nova always ate alone in his room, but would take a walk around the leisure center afterwards.

" Ah, Nova. There you are. I noticed that earlier y-"

" Lyena-Nova," Nova cut in, correcting him. " I know you're allergic to proper titles, but you could at least make an effort to show me some respect."

" Nova, I was thinking you looked upset earlier?" William questioned.

He leaned against the railing that oversaw the ship's garden a story below, smiling serenely.

" You should know by now that little upsets me," Nova responded stiffly. " Besides being bothered over trivialities."

Nova's eyes drifted over to the garden; William saw him flex his claws.

" It's a bit too peaceful," he continued. " Makes me feel restless. Perhaps that's what you perceived."

William shifted idly, rolling over to set his elbows on the railing.

" So that's all?" he asked.

" What more do you want from me?"

His tail was swishing back and forth, like he was irritated. Oops. William hadn't mentioned to annoy him, but oh well.

" I was thinking that you had overheard my conversation with one of the cadets about Thrace, earlier. That you were still sore at me over that."

This seemed to take him by surprise.

" Thera? Why would I be upset at you about that?"

Did he not know?

" Oh, so you didn't overhear anything at all? I'm sorry, I jumped to my own conclusions... You tend to hang around the administrative sector at that time, so..."


Return......Next