" Kirie and I spent the morning drawing up the plan for integrating the niece into a small medical research department," William said, setting his plans on the desk. " We're taking the public portion to give to Eyre this evening. It's being presented as a goodwill program to foster medical development in my sector."

Nova flicked through the papers, reading.

" Storam will not like it," he said.

William tipped his head.

" How so?" he asked.

" Starka heal on their own," Nova stated. " The relationship with a surgeon or a disease curer is different. And the Empire has historically had very tight control over both practices. They haven't been allowed to practice in military spaces since Arjun's time. He viewed medical experimentation as heretical."

" Hmmmm..." William churned the information around in his head.

" The Imperial family normally has one surgeon on staff for emergency situations, and that's it," Nova continued. " Apparently Prima went to great lengths to call in his specialists."

" It creates an opportunity, then," William said. " We can work on the next draft of the public outreach section together. It should be mutually beneficial."

" You're scheming again," Nova pointed out.

" Always," William said. " Now here, here's the important bit. Once we've secured funding, we're going to see if we can crack open where Sector 05 is currently doing development."

" Mm," Nova made a slight noise as he observed William's determined expression. He seemed enlivened.

Vivid.

Return......Next