She spent the evening with her aunt, apparently catching up and adjusting to the sudden shift in environment.

William was speaking with Redlin about calibrating a section of the garden for growing vegetables from Noahl.

Kirie was nowhere to be found; presumably canoodling with her girlfriend.

" And... You've won!"

Lina checked off a little tally mark on the whiteboard, then clapped politely. Avett was wiping the sweat off of her forehead; Lori looked absolutely wiped out.

" We're up to... Ah, Lina vs. Kada, now, I think," Prima said, looking over the board.

" Mm, and then Lori's against whoever wins that," Lina said, passing him the marker. " Make sure you keep score right!"

He marked off a new little section, and nodded.

Kada served; her movements were elegant and measured. Lina was able to hit the ball back quite easily, and then the game became a flurry of exchanged blows.

Avett settled next to him as Lori drank from a bottle of water.

" Lori's amazing, isn't she," she said. " I didn't think humans could move like that."

" The Commodore General's in a whole nother league," Prima responded, eyes tracking the ball. " He gave me some combat training before my duel. I didn't know anything could move the way he does."

" Really? You know, he tripped over his own cape in the cafeteria yesterday and broke one of the vending machines," she said. " I can't really picture him doing like fancy flips and gymnastic stuff like that."

Kada finally scored, the ball falling down to the ground as Lina dived for it. Prima marked it down, and she served. The flurry began again.

Return......Next