Prima stared at the ceiling.

" Hey, Kada," he asked, still tired.

" ... What?" she mumbled.

" Let's say, you have a really close friend, right?" he asked. " And one day you kind of accidentally listen in on their really close friend say some really incriminating secret stuff to someone they aren't actually really supposed to be talking to, and maybe it's because they're doing a secret threesome at a bar, and... Well like, okay, so, like, would you tell them, even if you knew they were in a really bad place and it would hurt them? Or would you like, just not let them know, and try to handle stuff on your own, to keep them happy-?"

She waved her hand in front of his face.

" You didn't take any drugs last night, did you?" she asked. " What's this about?"

Her hair was all puffed up, and she looked nervous.

" No, no, this is a, uhh... I guess, forget about it..." he said, sighing.

After a moment, she spoke.

" If I knew a secret about my friend... that they didn't know... And I knew it would make them unhappy to know... I would try to fix things myself..." she said. " And just hope... that they can understand why... I kept it secret."

She seemed uncharacteristically serious, so he figured it was good advice.

Return......Next